Labels

Monday, July 23, 2012

I Feel Sooooo Good!

My eating raw experiment is now in day 6. With the exception of tasting an onion ring my 19 year old proudly created last night, I've stuck to it. Here are a few observations thus far:
  • High energy -  I feel bright, light and clear. Unlike a caffeine type of energy this feels even and abundant. I've increased the intensity of my gym workouts and been quite busy this week and am marveling at the ease of it all. 
  • Fabulous digestion - My diet already is rich in high-fiber foods - beans, whole grains, seeds, fruits and vegetables. Eating raw has created a feeling of lightness. I am satisfied after I eat, not stuffed. The best word to describe it is 'clean'. Things move through quite easily, no bloating or discomfort.
  • Slightly reduced strength - Yesterday I had a harder time with some of my lifting at the gym. This could have been the time of day, how rested I was etc. I must note that in this 'raw' quest, I have not been careful about sources of protein. I do have the raw protein powder most mornings as well as lots of greens and some nuts throughout the day. That may be enough. Typically I do not fuss a lot about proteins. We get plenty from the vegetables, beans and quinoa we eat. If there is a dip at all this week, I am sure it is only slight.  

                           
Here a photo of dinner last night. The salad was a mixture of cabbage, arugula, tomatoes, mushrooms, red peppers, sprouted buckwheat and sunflower seeds and shredded carrots. The dressing was flax seed oil, raw apple cider vinegar, Mrs. Dash and sea salt. The avocado on the side was ripened perfectly. I had another plate after this one. Delicious!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment