Labels

Monday, October 24, 2011

Let the 28 Days Begin

Start the 28 day challenge this week!


We started yesterday. Remember it is all about adding nutrient dense foods to your menu everyday.


1 large salad
1/2 cup beans - hummus, soup, in sides etc.
3 pieces of fresh fruit - no dried or juice
1 oz. of raw nuts
2 large servings of greens - all leafy greens, broccoli, brussel sprouts etc. steamed or raw.


Eat these everyday along with what you normally eat. Let the 'old' food be crowded out by these nutrient dense wonders.


Here was my day yesterday:


Green smoothie - kale, banana, organic apple, soymilk, water and ice
A large salad and bowl of black bean soup for lunch
1/4 cup raw walnuts and sunflower seeds
A huge plate of sauteed turnip greens with garlic, sun dried tomatoes, and a few strands (literally) of left over pasta for dinner.

I was full, energized and finding I was not in the mood for one more fruit. already am noticing a real sensitivity toward sweet foods. They just are not as attractive.


Sunday night we had a store bought pizza crust piled HIGH with steamed kale, onions, garlic and artichokes and a big salad of spinach, arugula, and mizuna...delish!

Take a moment and share a typical day for you. What are you observing about yourself as you put this into practice?

2 comments:

  1. Patti, so the challenge is going well on one hand and is difficult on another hand. Whenever I have all my meals at home I do a great job, I've found that the 3 nights since this challenge started that I was over at a friend's house for dinner, I didn't do so well. Mostly because if I ate all I was supposed to, before dinner I would NOT be able to eat any dinner and if I skipped some of the things in our challenge, then I wasn't successful with the challenge! How do you deal with that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A typical day:
    A green smoothie for breakfast: with spinach, banana, blueberries, mango and strawberries and 1/2 cup almond milk
    1oz raw cashews
    An Apple
    Lunch: lentils and sauteed kale
    A Pear
    A large salad

    What I'm noticing is how much food this is and how satisfied all of this yummy, great food leaves me. I am also noticing that I do no have a physical craving for sweet treats while eating this way, however I have an mental (or is it emotional?) craving for these things and often have that piece of chocolate or those 2 cookies even though I'm NOT craving them! That has been a surprising discovery for me.

    ReplyDelete